Instructions to Users:
Step 1: Use this letter to complain about a breach of the Code
- Use this letter if you would like to complain about the behaviour of an insurance company.
- Once completed you should email this letter to email@example.com which is a separate section of the Financial Ombudsman Service of Australia that investigates alleged breaches of the General Insurance Code of Practice.
- If you would like to read the Code, it is available here.
Important Note: If this complaint is about your own insurance policy and you have an outstanding dispute with your insurer (including about delay in deciding your claim) you should also consider lodging a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service – see our factsheet Dispute Resolution (Insurance). Lodging a complaint with Code Compliance may impact on the insurer’s future conduct but it will not resolve your dispute.
Step 2: Complete the questions below
- Answer the questions below to customise your letter.
- Once you have completed the questions click the Preview Letter button below. The letter generator will prompt you if there is missing information.
- If you realise you need to change your answers, use the Click here to change your selections feature, above or below the previewed letter. Do NOT use the back arrows on the address bar or you will need to start all over again.
Step 3: Copy & Paste the letter into your Email program and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will need to copy & paste the generated letter into your email or into a Word document in order to send the letter to the other party.
- Once you have pasted the generated letter into your own email or Word program you can make additional changes to the main text of the letter, however we do not advise deleting any of the legal content that has been automatically generated.
This letter should be used for information only and should not be relied upon as legal advice.