Instructions to user:
Step 1: Read our Legal Information Factsheet
Before using this letter you should read our Fact Sheet on Financial Hardship.
Step 2: Find the correct address to send this letter to your insurer
You will need to send this request to your lessor or lender’s internal dispute resolution contact.
- Click here to get these details from the Financial Ombudsman Australia (FOS) website [Use Find a Financial Services Provider] or here for Credit and Investments Ombudsman (CIO) [Use Search for a participating financial services provider (FSP)].
- Your lender will usually be required to be a member of one of these schemes by law.
- If you cannot find the lender in either scheme using the financial service provider search function on the home pages of these schemes, call 1800 367 287 and ask for the lender’s IDR contact details.
Step 3: Complete the questions below
- Answer the questions below to customise your letter.
- Once you have completed the questions click the Preview Letter button below. The letter generator will prompt you if there is missing information.
- If you realise you need to change your answers, use the Click here to change your selections feature, above or below the previewed letter. Do NOT use the back arrows on the address bar or you will need to start all over again.
Step 4: Copy & Paste the letter into your Email or Word program, and send it!
- You will need to copy & paste the generated letter into your email or into a Word document in order to send the letter to the other party.
- Once you have pasted the generated letter into your own email or Word program you can make additional changes to the main text of the letter, however we do not advise deleting any of the legal content that has been automatically generated.