The Financial Rights Legal Centre (Financial Rights) is a community legal centre that specialises in helping consumers understand and enforce their financial rights, especially low income and otherwise marginalised or vulnerable consumers. We provide free and independent financial counselling, legal advice and representation to individuals about a broad range of financial issues. Financial Rights operates the National Debt Helpline, which helps NSW consumers experiencing financial difficulties. We also operate the Insurance Law Service which provides advice nationally to consumers about insurance claims and debts to insurance companies; and the Mob Strong Debt Help service which assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples with credit, debt and insurance matters. Financial Rights took over 25,000 calls for advice or assistance during the 2018/2019 financial year.
Financial Rights employs nearly 30 staff including financial counsellors, solicitors and policy and communications officers to help consumers understand and enforce their rights in relation to financial services. This involves using a range of tools and approaches, including direct financial counselling and advice, legal advice and assistance, litigation, research, policy work and advocacy through the media.
We are looking for a skilled administrator who can ensure there are adequate resources, facilities, systems and procedures in place to enable the CEO to direct Financial Rights’ work, manage staff and monitor and report on outcomes.
You will have:
- experience as a COO or Director of Operations within a significant organisation, or other relevant experience and ability in organisational management;
- experience working with or in the government or community sector, including an understanding of government funding processes;
- strong financial and human resource knowledge and skills;
- an understanding of, and commitment to, the principles of social justice, equity and access;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- expertise in technology, including client databases, to support Financial Rights’ operations; and
- the ability to be pragmatic and resourceful.
This is a five or four day per week position.
Financial Rights can provide an attractive remuneration package relative to the community sector.
Download the information pack below. If you have any questions, please call 02 9212 4216 or email email@example.com
Selection criteria must be addressed.
Applications close at 11pm on Monday 3rd February 2020.
Chief Operations Officer Information Pack