Financial Rights Legal Centre Inc (Financial Rights) is a community based legal centre in Surry Hills specialising in helping consumers of financial services, particularly credit, banking, insurance and debt.
We are seeking to employ an enthusiastic Solicitor for a full time 12 month contract. Experience and commitment to consumer rights essential. The position involves providing direct services giving telephone advice and representation assistance to the Credit and Debt Legal Advice line, National Debt Helpline, Insurance Law service and Mob Strong Debt Help. Please see the job description for further details on the role.
What’s in it for you?
Our legal centre is a known and trusted voice for consumers in the financial services space. We are doing important frontline work advising consumers from across Australia about their financial rights and helping shape new laws to protect consumers and to enhance their future financial wellbeing. You will be an important part of this process and can help change many consumer lives for the better.
The Centre offers a pleasant working environment along with a small, friendly and passionate team. We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and other diverse backgrounds to apply
Rewards and Benefits
- Join a highly engaged team
- Flexible work arrangements including 7 hour work days and a hybrid working model
- 7 days’ time in lieu on top of 4 weeks annual leave
- Salary range $96,900-$107,300 plus 10.5% superannuation contribution
The successful applicant will have:
- An understanding of the law and legal processes in relation to credit, banking, insurance, and debt collection, particularly as it affects disadvantaged consumers and/or is of public interest.
- A passion for social justice, systemic litigation, aptitude for advocacy and awareness of the social context of clients.
- The ability to take initiative and accept responsibility as part of a small multi-disciplinary professional team.
- Be eligible to hold a NSW practising certificate.
- Comply with NSW current public health orders and requirements with COVID vaccination.
How to apply
Please send your resume and a covering letter which outlines your suitability to the role to: email@example.com
If you have any questions, please call 02 9212 4216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Monday 16 August 2022