Passionate about social justice? Looking to make a difference? Financial Rights is looking to recruit a Financial Counselling Manager.
Financial Rights Legal Centre (Financial Rights) is a community based legal centre in Surry Hills specialising financial services, particularly credit, banking, insurance and debt.
We are seeking to employ an experienced senior Financial Counsellor for a full time 18 month contract with potential to renew subject to funding. Commitment to consumer rights essential. The position is responsible for working with the Centre’s management team and the financial counselling team in improving the Financial Counselling practice of the Centre. This role will be responsible for actively promoting financial counselling requirements in the Centre’s strategic planning process and the Centre’s end to end client service delivery process review. The role will also be responsible for guiding, supporting and mentoring members of the financial counselling team and operating a reduced financial counselling load.
For further details on the role please see the job description.
What’s in it for you?
Our legal centre is a known and trusted voice for consumers in the financial services space. We are doing important frontline work advising consumers from across Australia about their financial rights and helping shape new laws to protect consumers and to enhance their future financial wellbeing. You will be an important part of this process and can help change many consumer lives for the better.
The Centre offers a dynamic working environment along with a small, friendly and passionate team. We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Rewards and Benefits
- Join a highly engaged team
- $109,000-$122,000 plus 10.5% superannuation + Salary Sacrifice (up to $15,900 for tax free benefits)
- 4 weeks annual leave plus 7 days additional gifted leave
- Flexible working; Work life balance is important to us; 7 hour work days and a hybrid working model
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation committed to helping others. We are passionate about social justice
- Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service
The successful applicant will:
- Hold accreditation as a financial counsellor with the Financial Counselling Association of NSW (FCAN)
- Demonstrated experience as a Financial Counsellor providing non-judgemental, quality service delivery to disadvantaged clients
- Have a passion for social justice, aptitude for advocacy and awareness of the social context of clients
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans to achieve strategic objectives in relation to Financial Counselling
- Experience in reviewing and improving service delivery processes to ensure efficient and effective operations
- Proven experience in providing leadership and management to teams, with an ability to motivate and engage team members
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Comply with NSW current public health orders and requirements with COVID vaccination
How to apply
To apply please upload your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability to the role by following this link.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Monday 29th May 2023