Financial Rights Legal Centre
Call the National Debt Helpline
on 1800 007 007.
Contact us

Financial Rights Legal Centre advice survey, 2019

If you have used our telephone or email advice service, we would appreciate your feedback on the quality and usefulness of our advice. Your feedback will be used to improve our service. Go to:

Advice survey

National Debt Helpline (NDH)

1800 007 007 (National)

Monday to Friday
9.30am – 4.30pm

Or send us a question through our Web enquiry form

Insurance Law Service (ILS)

1300 663 464 (National)

Holiday hours: Closes on Friday December 21, 2018 at 4.30pm and reopens on Monday January 7, 2019 at 9.30am.

Monday to Friday
9.30am – 4.30pm

Mob Strong Debt Help (formerly the Aboriginal Advice Service)

1800 808 488 (National)

Open through Christmas and New Year (except public holidays)

Monday to Friday
9.30am – 4.30pm

Translating and Interpreting Service

131 450


(02) 9212 4216

Postal address

PO Box 538, Surry Hills NSW 2010

Media enquiries

For Financial Rights or Mob Strong media enquiries:

Phone: 02 8204 1372 or


Financial Rights provides regular media comment to digital, print, radio and television.

Our expert commentary covers a range of issues facing consumers of financial services including debt, credit and insurance.

We can also provide detailed background information and where possible case studies.

PLT volunteers

At this time we are not able to take any PLT volunteers at our office.

Feedback and complaints


Our approach

We welcome feedback and will handle complaints in a fair and open way. Every reasonable effort will be made by Financial Rights Legal Centre to resolve the complaints it receives to the satisfaction of everyone involved.

If you make a complaint, you can expect that we will:

  • treat you with courtesy, fairness and respect
  • tell you what to expect while your complaint is being looked into
  • carry out the complaint handling process in a fair and open way
  • provide reasons for decisions that are made
  • protect your privacy
  • arrange an interpreter (if required)

Who do I make a complaint to?

Complaints can be directed to any staff member, the Principal Solicitor or the Chief Executive Officer. The CEO will monitor the handling of the complaints and may ask the Principal Solicitor to investigate and respond if appropriate.

How do I make a complaint?

A complaint may be made in writing, by telephone or by email.  Complaints should be directed to the CEO, via one of the following contact methods:

By mail: PO Box 538, Surry Hills NSW 2010


By phone: (02) 9212 4216


By email:

What happens once I make a complaint?

When you make a complaint we will explain:

  • what will happen while the complaint is being dealt with
  • who will deal with the complaint
  • what will happen next, such as when you are likely to be contacted again.

If the complaint is simple then it may be resolved immediately. Where the complaint is about a more difficult matter it may take longer to resolve. Once the complaint is resolved as far as possible, you will be informed of the outcome. You may wish to raise any ongoing problems or concerns at this time.

Last updated: February, 2019.