Instructions to user:
Step 1: Read our fact sheet
If you have any questions about how or when to use this letter or if you need advice before completing it, please call our Credit & Debt Legal Advice line on 1800 844 949 for legal advice in NSW. Or call 1800 007 007 for financial counselling advice.
Step 2: Find the correct address to send this letter to your lessor or lender
You will need to send this request to the relevant organisation’s complaints department contact. Find your lessor or lender’s complaint department details from the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) ‘find a financial firm’ webpage or you can phone AFCA on 1800 931 678 to ask for the lessor or lender’s internal dispute resolution contact details.
Step 3: Complete the questions below
- Answer the questions below to customise your letter.
- Click the Preview Letter button below. You will be prompted if there is missing information.
- To make changes to your answers, use the Click here to change your selections feature, on the preview letter page.
Step 4: Copy & Paste the letter into your email or Word program, and send it!
- Copy & paste the letter into your email or a Word document.
- You can make other changes but be careful about changing the auto-generated content – get advice first.
- Email or post the letter to the other party.
Have you used one of these Sample Letters? Was it helpful? We would really appreciate your feedback. Take our 2 minute survey
Last updated: October 2018.