Instructions to users:
Step 1: Read our fact sheet
Before using this letter you should read our fact sheet about Getting your Loan Documents.
If you have any questions about how or when to use this letter or if you need advice before completing it, please call our Credit & Debt Legal Advice line on 1800 844 949 for legal advice in NSW. Or call 1800 007 007 for financial counselling advice.
Step 2: Find the correct address to send this letter to your insurer
Find your lender or debt collector’s complaint department details from the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) ‘find a financial firm’ web page or you can phone AFCA on 1800 931 678 to ask for the lender’s internal dispute resolution contact details.
Step 3: Complete the questions below
- Answer the questions below to customise your letter.
- Click the Preview Letter button below. You will be prompted if there is missing information.
- To make changes to your answers, use the Click here to change your selections feature, on the preview letter page.
Step 4: Copy & Paste the letter into your email or Word program, and send it!
- Copy & paste the letter into your email or a Word document.
- You can make other changes but be careful about changing the auto-generated content – get advice first.
- Email or post the letter to your lender or debt collector.
Have you used one of these Sample Letters? Was it helpful? We would really appreciate your feedback. Take our 2 minute survey
Last updated: January 2019.