Instructions to users:
Step 1: Use this letter to complain about a breach of the code
- Use this letter if you would like to complain about the behaviour of an insurance company.
- Once completed you should email this letter to Code Compliance using this email address: email@example.com. Code Compliance investigates alleged breaches of codes of practice.
- If you would like to read the General Insurance Code of Practice, it is available here. The Life Insurance Code of Practice is here.
Important Note: If this complaint is about your own insurance policy and you have an outstanding dispute with your insurer (including about delay in deciding your claim) you should also consider lodging a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority – see our fact sheet Dispute Resolution (Insurance). Lodging a complaint with Code Compliance may impact on the insurer’s future conduct but it will not resolve your dispute.
Step 2: Complete the questions below
- Answer the questions below to customise your letter.
- Once you have completed the questions click the Preview Letter button below. The letter generator will prompt you if there is missing information.
- If you realise you need to change your answers, use the Click here to change your selections feature, above or below the previewed letter. Do NOT use the back arrows on the address bar or you will need to start all over again.
Step 3: Copy & Paste the letter into your email program and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will need to copy and paste the generated letter into your email or into a Word document in order to send the letter to the other party.
- Once you have pasted the generated letter into your own email or Word program you can make additional changes to the main text of the letter, however we do not advise deleting any of the legal content that has been automatically generated.
This letter should be used for information only and should not be relied upon as legal advice.
Have you used one of these Sample Letters? Was it helpful? We would really appreciate your feedback. Take our 2 minute survey
Last updated: October 2018.