Instructions to users:
Step 1: Read our legal information checklist
You should consider reading our Paying your excess know your financial rights checklist.
Step 2: Find the correct address to send this letter to your insurer
You will need to send this request to your insurer’s internal dispute resolution contact. You can obtain these details from:
- the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) ‘find a financial firm’ web page
- or you can phone AFCA on 1800 931 678 to ask for the insurer’s IDR contact details
Step 3: Complete the questions below
- Answer the questions below to customise your letter.
- Once you have completed the questions click the Preview letter button below. The letter generator will prompt you if there is missing information.
- If you realise you need to change your answers, use the Click here to change your selections feature, above or below the previewed letter. Do NOT use the back arrows on the address bar or you will need to start all over again.
Step 4: Copy and paste the letter into your email or Word program, and send it!
- You will need to copy & paste the generated letter into your email or into a Word document in order to send the letter to the other party.
- Once you have pasted the generated letter into your own email or Word program you can make additional changes to the main text of the letter, however we do not advise deleting any of the legal content that has been automatically generated.
This letter should be used for information only and should not be relied upon as legal advice.
Have you used one of these Sample Letters? Was it helpful? We would really appreciate your feedback. Take our 2 minute survey
Last updated: October 2018.